Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SWEET GIRLS

Ava is making sweet and wonderful bonds with all of us, but there is something about a sister.

 

My sister is in heaven.  She has been there for longer than I can remember as she arrived here before I did.  She was born a twin to my brother and they both went to heaven after a few short days.  Premature was different then, and I often think of the glorious reunion my mother must have had the day she finally met those 2 children she loved so deeply even for such a short time.

 

I have often wondered what an earthly sister would be like.  I began to see it today.

 

Ava copies virtually everything Lily does.  If Lily combs her hair, Ava follows.  If Lily writes a letter, Ava writes something…  If Lily sits in a chair and crosses her legs, Ava does likewise.

 

Today very unexpectedly our Lily hurt herself at a birthday party.  We went to the hospital knowing and dreading the fact that she needed stitches.  A dear friend grabbed our boys and we were off.  Lily had opened up her heal quite badly fortunately without damage to her Achilles' tendon.  Ava was with us, without a nap and watched the entire episode unfold.  The doctor at some point questioned if she should be in the room.  Brian and I unequivocally said yes.  Ava knows her family, and she especially knows when her family needs eachother.  She never left Lily's side.  Stroking her hand, offering her sips of water, and handing her over and over again the little hand made duck the hospital doctor brought to Lily.  Ava never cried.  She never took her focus off her hero and she did her very best to offer her comfort, love and her touch.

 

My girls are so blessed to love one another so deeply.  I am in awe of God's hand upon them both.  One from Eurasia, one from Asia, forever bonded in sisterly love.

 

Ps.  Popsicles and the Sound of Music on the Ipad were a wonderful reward for very brave little girls!




No comments:

Post a Comment