Friday, April 5, 2013

Treasure

Today was Ava's second day of school.

It amazes me that in less than a year we have migrated through speech therapy all the way to preschool and wonderful "in class" therapy.

Ava ADORED the first day.  We are so grateful to God and so grateful to teachers that write down all she sings and learns such that we can enjoy every moment when she comes home.



I am just learning to navigate the line and her name placard and figuring out which little group is her's, but from 20 feet away I could see her bouncing and pointing!

I rolled down my window and could hear her saying "MAMA!!!"   


How can it be that a year ago we were boarding a plane and I didn't know the treasure that awaited us in China.

God has blessed us far more abundantly than we could have asked or imagined.  Ava does not say much with her voice, but with her eyes, her heart and her hands, she speaks more than words could ever say.  And we are eternally grateful.




I took this photo just the other day at Ava's birthday.  I will cherish this photo.  It captures her sweet face, her absolute joy with her birthday, and so many of my lovelies behind her on my mother's cherry wood shelf. 

 This shelf has been part of our family since I can remember.  A hidden treasure behind my china treasure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment