Thursday, March 22, 2012

20 Days and Counting...

 Great News!  We received our Consulate appointment confirmation and tentative itinerary!!  All my travel planning experience is coming in handy.  Though, all I have to do is get my clan to Beijing!   We will fly from Chicago to Beijing, with a few days in Beijing to get acclimated to the time zone (and to see a few sights, like the Great Wall!)

 Then we will take a flight  to Zhengzhou, where we will finally meet our baby daughter, we will spend a fews days in the Henan Provence while paperwork and a Chinese passport will be issued.  This process will take approximately 5 days or so, this will be a good time for family bonding time!  And maybe, a few excursions in the area.

 The final internal China flight from Zhengzhou to Guangzhou where we will visit the U.S. Consulate to take the citizenship oath and get a U.S. Visa.   Lily is wondering why she doesn't get a visa like her baby sister... she thinks it's for shopping!

We'll take a two hour car journey to Hong Kong, for our final couple of nights in the Far East!

Cathy and I would like to thank all our friends and family for your prayers, love and support during this whole process!

Keep praying!
Brian

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog through Henan Kids. I saw a pic of your daughter with a group of kids and it looked like kids I saw at LuoHe last week when I was there. If I am right and your daughter is in LOCC at LuoHe, please let me know as I have lots of pics of the kids and may have some of your daughter. Dianjiangkids@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. How marvelous! thank you, Yes, Louhe it is. I will send you my email asap. Sunday is her birthday so what a very special gift!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete