Monday, January 16, 2012

Letter To God

My son Beau wrote this and left it on the kitchen counter.
He didn’t have a reason, other than, “just because”. The picture below is a picture of Elvis. He said he tried to draw God, but ended up with Elvis. I will admit, God would be pretty hard to draw.

I found this phrase this morning, “My love for you is a journey, starting at forever, and ending at never.”
That is the love of a family. That is the love for my adopted daughters. Their beginnings were with the Father, alone they were, yet very much with Him. He knew they would have a bit of time before we would be placed in their arms, but He was there.

My daughter Lily remembers times in Kazkhstan when her cheek was caressed and yet no one was there. She knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that was her Savior. I pray the same day after day for my china doll, that she senses her Savior. That the Spirit resides with her now in my stead. Our journey to her remains a mystery, but our love for her truly does begin and end at forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment